Sunday, November 13, 2011

Why should I go to the gym? To catch a bus!


s from Run Lola Run. When I actually do go to the gym I listen to this soundtrack!

I am currently on the bus coming back from Boston and I realized something very important at 6:20 in the morning…. I need to go to the gym.  It wasn’t one of those moments when you see someone with a perfect figure, because I like the way I am, a lot actually, but one of the moments where you are booking it from the T stop to South Station and you see that you have 3 minutes till the bus leaves. You can give excuses that it’s early, you are carrying too much, or that it was. Cold but at the end of the day it really comes down to the question… When was the last time I went to the gym? 
I am not ashamed of this; my boyfriend was in shock though. He knew that I used to play Frisbee all the time, however he forgot that it soon began to not fit into my schedule.  In Dublin I was used to walking everywhere and over the summer at the camp I worked at I ran everywhere in 100 degree weather.  I guess now I just have been so buy that I haven’t put time into thinking about me. After all the years I’ve been traveling I’ve been running through airports, train stations, subways, and even mountain trails.  So this is not something new to me.  I usually am always on time but when I go somewhere exciting I usually get caught up in the moment and start to run a little late.
So now… I will go to the gym in the morning after my 8am class. I’ll be on campus and will be ready to get moving. So in the future when I visit Boston or wherever in the world, that if it’s a 5 minute run I will know that I will get there in time and not be stuck on the bus sweating and being overheated.

No comments:

Post a Comment