Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Travel is Apart of Me

Cape Roca Portugal: the westernmost point in Europe 
As Stated before, my name is Brooke and I am a senior studying broadcasting. Over the years I've fallen in love with the idea of traveling to every part of the world and learning new cultures. I was brought up in a house where we were are very international.  I grew up knowing people from both Mexico and France, and picking up sayings and parts of their cultures.  This is what makes who I am, and from a very little age I wanted to learn more about other people's cultures.  Here is an example of how I was brought up. 


A typical Sunday in the Stuart house:
 It’s 7 am on a Sunday morning; my parents, dog and I are all gathered around the television waiting for kick off. Not American Football, like most families, but Arsenal, the soccer team apart of the Barclay’s Premiere League from England.  We watch the game, and at half time my dad makes breakfast, usually potatoes, bacon and some sort of style of egg, it’s always delicious, my mom makes tea. The second half of game we are cheering for our Gunners. After the game we get ready for the day, and start to get ready for when my Grandfather and Godmother come over for our weekly Sunday Night dinner. When preparing dinner, my dad plays music, usually classical, French, or Brazilian; it all depends on his mood. We are all usually humming or dancing when we hear the music. If someone sneezes we either reply saying  “gazuntite” or  “salute!”.  


Now I just want to see more and experience more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment