Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Megabus... The Best Way to Travel on a Dime

Keep a lookout for this sign! 

This weekend I will be taking advantage of the Megabus going from Burlington Vermont to Boston Massachusetts! While I'm there I will be telling you the cool things that I saw whilst there. As of right now I will share with you the great advantages of traveling with Megabus. 

Megabus began in England in 2003, as popularity grew they expanded to Scotland and Wales.  In 2006 it came over to America and is constantly adding more destination. What makes these buses so great is that they are very affordable; if you plan in advance you can find tickets for $1.00 each way!  My trip to Boston is costing me $10.50 round trip! You can't beat that! I've taken the bus at home from Philadelphia to New York City for $20, which is almost half of what I would have to pay for one way if I took the train. 

The buses are all air conditioned, the drivers are friendly and there is plenty of room, some of them are double-decker buses! Another bonus to this bus is that there is wireless! This may not seem like a major thing to some people, but I take the train back and forth from Vermont to Philadelphia, a long 10 and a half hour train ride with no Internet.  I don't need the Internet to be on social media websites, I just would like Internet to watch movie on Hulu, or work o a paper by researching online. 

Megabus is a great way to travel for not a lot of money, I highly suggest it and hope that if you are planning a trip to the following places  you will consider them! 

Photos:  chicagonow.com : louisandlouisa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment